New York at Christmas

Hatchetman

Whats it like at xmas, would it be better to go later or earlier due to the weather? Are the sales similer to here, starting on jan 1st. What do I need to do about a visa for a week, my wife won't know about it til nearer the time, will that cause complications with the visa?

Hi, the sales start in November the day after Thanksgiving. Its very cold at Christmas in New York. Things don't come to a standstill over there like they do in Ireland.

You won't need a visa if you have Irish passports but will have to apply for advanced travel authorisation and fill out a visa waiver form.The Aerlingus.com website has all the information and links.
When flying out of Ireland to certain US destinations, you clear US immigration in Dublin.

Thanks for those exellent replies, yeah was indeed thinking of Times square but after hearing about waiting for ages in the cold etc, I doubt it. Maybe a new destination is required, but where at christmas time.

Boston is nice at Christmas time. You could also head for a day trip skiiing to Watchusett mountain which is a fairly short drive away.

We went skiing to North Conway in New Hampshire last Christmas.I would highly recommend it. It about a 3 hour drive from Boston. Let me know if you want more info.

Back