New York Apartments

pugwall

Hi,

I'm going to New York in October with 5 others and we were thinking of renting an apartment in Manhatten for a week. Can anyone recommend any apartment letting agents or websites?

Thanks.

Last time in NY we tried the apartment option and stayed here - [broken link removed] - the apartment was great although the street it was on wasn;t the best. The thing to watch out for with NY apartments are
(1) watch out for "hosted" apartments - i.e. you are renting a room off the resident and do not have full possession of the apartment
(2) How the deposit is returned - it was not clear on this website but they did not refund cash when we left - we had to wait for a refund which were not happy about
(3) Checking out time - in this case they were happy for us to leave our luggage there for a couple of hours after the official checking out time

www.radiocityapartments.com are absolutely brilliant. Read the reviews on Tripadvisor - they are pretty much faultless except its really hard to book them because they are so popular. Minutes from Times Square, really clean, cheap, beside great deli and restaurants, subway, well equiped with kitchen area, only place to stay if you can book them!!

I am currently looking to do the same for 3 of us for november 07 and have had several quotes/replies from www.vrbo.com searching in Manhatten area
Radio City's online booking system showed no availability.. hotels are pretty steep, or so Im finding! will you post any other good sites you find?

cheers

S

[broken link removed]

I've booked apartments from the above site a few times, not as nice as Radio City Apartments (good prices and a handy location near the Theatre District). We've also stayed in the Carnegie Hill apartments which meant you had to stay out shopping all day and couldn't pop back to drop bags. Very nice location, situated over a nice bar with loads of restaurants in the vicinity.

Wherever you choose, avoid any apartments rented by www.woogo.com. Check out the nightmare stories on Tripadvisor.

TBH from hotels to B&Bs to apartments, I wouldn't book anything without checking the TA reviews and forum first.

Back