New Year's Irish Holiday homes

babydays

Had another thread on this specifically focusing on Faithlegg Holiday homes but am wondering are there other great options within 2 1/2 hour drive from Dublin?

Particularly looking for homes that are attached to a hotel with great facilities for young kids (will have 5 kids ranging from 5 mths to 4 yrs)- i.e. supervised indoor playarea or at least a good outdoor playground (and a pool is essential).

Any feedback much appreciated!

We stayed in a golf villa at the Gold Coast Hotel near Dungarvan a few years ago. The house was a grand size, I think most rooms had a double and a single bed, there was a sitting room upstairs and kitchen/dining/sitting downstairs. It was about 5 mins walk down a lane to the hotel, but there were also 3 bedroom cottages in the hotel grounds.

The hotel was very kid friendly, had a playground in front of the cottages (I think tennis courts too but can't remember for sure), the leisure centre had pool, sauna & steam room. Nice golf course. Also you can use the facilities at the nearby Clonea Strand Hotel which include ten pin bowling.

They're 3 star, but I've stayed in 4 star which were far worse (1 being the lodges in Shannon Oaks which someone recommended on the other thread!). Website is www.clonea.com

www.thh.ie are good I use them all the time when looking for breaks.

Call them and tell them what you want and they will give you the options!