New Years in New York

HollyOlly

Can anyone make any recommendations on what we should get up to in NYC to celebrate New Years? Have done a bit of research on other websites and the best suggestions so far are a cruise or a walk over the brooklyn bridge. I've heard Times Square is a nitemare and that the parties in the big clubs get way too overcrowded. It's just me and boyfriend and he quite fancies just coming across a random bar and not booking anything in advance. Anyone have any experience on this?

Plenty of experience in NYC doing new year's in random bars, yes! It's been a while so I wouldn't be able to recommend a particular bar, but the idea is sound.

thanks extopia-we're first timers-never even been to the states before so was afraid we'd be wandering around and it mite be a case of spot the boggers who think they were going to Co.Clare for New Years and didnt book anything. Maybe we'll just treat is as a regular night out and save the hassle (and the dollars).

There's a lot of bars in that town. Booking not necessary. If one place is full there's always an empty dive down the street.

Enjoy yourselves. There are a couple of threads here about stuff to do in New York City. Here's one of them