new window cleaning business

Optimistic

hi all, I really appreciate all the advice that I get from askabaoutmoney. It has been invaluable many times. Thanks a heap.

I have had towo paycuts over the past few months and need to look at more options to increase our income. With one toddler and a new born things are tight.

In our local rural town a guy (not from the town) cleans the windows of the businesses in the town for x euros per week. I am trying to find out how much, but to no avail thus far.

My queries are:
How much can a person quote for window cleaning? Obviously this depends on the amount and size of the windows, but if I can get an indication of approximate pricing.
What insurance should I look at to cover myself?
Do I need any certs/safe passes etc?
Are there any websites/places I can get any ideas from?
Are there pitfalls that I should be aware of before proceeding further?

Thanks a heap,
optimistic

major pitfall id say is going to be the guy from out of town when he finds out there's another window cleaner in town., scenes of ok coral , and all that . but then he probably hasnt been hit by, things like, Recession, businesss, shops closing, cash flow problems, late payers who used to pay on time . he probably doesent have a family mortage bills kids going back to school toddlers, like you.

Back