New 'welcome message' on Sky advising of upgrade or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caveat

Hi

Not sure exactly what it says - I'll check tonight - but something along the lines that an upgrade might be necessary and that we will have to contact Sky for a new card.

We have FTA if that makes a difference - e.g. might only affect actual subscriptions.

Anyone know anything about this?

I know they're supposed to be sending out a new card, and you have to swap it for the card you have. Its to come in the post, you don't do anything but change the card when it arrives.

I'm not 100% sure about FTA, there has been a lot of ads on about it, and theres a channel dedicated to it too.

From Sky.com
Have you received your new Sky viewing card?

Over the next few months, we will be replacing all of our customers’ viewing cards, to ensure that you are receiving the most secure and up-to-date service.

Once you have received your new viewing card, you will need to replace your existing card by following the simple steps below. This process should take less than a minute to complete.

If you are currently recording a programme, you should wait until this has finished before swapping the cards.

Replacing your Sky viewing card.

1. With your TV and Sky box turned on with the green light showing, simply pull out the existing card.
2. Insert your new card into the same slot with the arrows showing on top of the card and the card pointing towards the box.
3. Wait for a few seconds until you see the on-screen message.
4. You will then see a message confirming your new card is working. Now just press back up on your remote control to continue viewing as normal.

If you are experience any difficulties during the changeover process, or encounter any problems with your viewing after replacing your card, please visit our dedicated microsite at www.skyviewinghelp.com for more information.

Ah I'm wrong for FTA, you will need to do more!

Who will receive a new Sky viewing card?

We'll be replacing all Pay TV providers' viewing cards.

If you do not subscribe to a Pay TV provider but use a Sky viewing card to access free to air channels, you won't automatically receive a replacement card. However, over the next few months you'll receive a message on your TV screen with instructions on how you can obtain a new card.

Thanks very much for that.

I'll maybe just get onto the crowd I bought it from - they should know what the crack is I suppose.

Yep thats your best bet, otherwise you may be waiting a long time for the message you're supposed to see!

Status
Not open for further replies.