New Washing machine needed!

spider7

Hi,
The stage has come where I need to replace my old washing machine with a new one.
Has anyone any recommendations of a good brand and/or place to buy at a good price?
Any suggestions appreciated.
Spider

Hey Spider7,
A few things to look out for;
It is better to get a 1200 spin washing machine (Clothes are washed/spun better and means less drying for you)
I would recomend Whirlpool or Tricity Bendix.
I just recently had to replace mine- Went to PowerCity and found them very rude and unhelpful so went to DID instead- service was great and told you upfront about best brands to buy. We bought Whirlpool 1200 spin for about €330 and it is great
Hope this helps!

Or even a 1600 spin. We have a 10 year old Miele with a 1600 spin which is just wonderful. It's extremely quiet and the clothes are almost dry after that spin.

I think you should buy the cheapest you find, for years I got the top brands all busted a few yrs later then got the cheapest in Powercity and it has outlasted all the top brands, and we even do more washing due to increase in family, and never get a machine repaired better to just buy an other

We got ours recently in currys I think, it's an LG and it's feckin' brilliant, we love it! It takes 7kgs and dries about half that. Sorry it's a washer/dryer, we had to get that cause we're in an apt. It has a 30 min wash which i think is very useful cause mostly we're just freshening things up. There's only two of us but the extra capacity is just great.