New Wardrobe or sliding doors?

tablesalt

Hi all,
Was trying to price a new large wardrobe with sliding doors (in shiny finish, or otherwise), and it is working out quite expensive.
We have in-built wardrobes and I was thinking of ripping out the doors and then contacting some door company (similar to the ones that do kitchens) and getting new large sliding doors over the existing shelving. Would it work, or am I totally mad?
Has anyone had that done before?

Hi,

Welcome to AAM.

I'd certainly be inclined to measure the required doors and get a quote before any ripping out is done. It might well be a case that the doors may not be a standard size and special order can work out quite expensive.

Thanks for your reply Sueellen,
Well, the in-built wardrobe has to come out one way or the other. Its either the whole thing ripped out or just the doors.
The question is, where do I go to price them?

See these people recommended here. Perhaps some of the other companies mentioned therein also do them.

We have had a few threads on replacing doors on kitchens units and as a lot of companies do both it might be worth your while to use the search option and check them out. You could also check out previous threads on wardrobes to see if you get any advice from those.

Back