new vrt calculator site INCORRECT

P

peelaaa

Hi, anyone noticed that when you enter car details into vrt calculator that if it doesn't recognise co2 reading of car then you have to enter co2 amount yourself . But it then adds the vrt rate (say 30%) to the value of the car and then calculates the vrt owed on this increased figure. Dodgy or what and this is a government site, what a bunch of CROOKS. I hope they notice this before july 1st, unbelievable.....

Hi, anyone noticed that when you enter car details into vrt calculator that if it doesn't recognise co2 reading of car then you have to enter co2 amount yourself . But it then adds the vrt rate (say 30%) to the value of the car and then calculates the vrt owed on this increased figure. Dodgy or what and this is a government site, what a bunch of CROOKS. I hope they notice this before july 1st, unbelievable.....

Which particular site is this?

Indeed it is unbelievable because it is untrue....so relax.

The official revenue site for the calculation of VRT is here - it shows no mention of CO2 amounts.

The revenue have produced a list of documentation regarding the change to VRT - this is available here

If you are referring to this site then you are looking at a test site.

It wasn't untrue on the 29th april. The vrt calculator was requesting the user to input co2 of car and then it would add that vrt percentage to the value of the car and then calculate vrt amount from the total . I phone and emailed the vrt centre to inform them of this mistake.On the 30th it must have been corrected.

And this is a government site.
Jokers

Also EFM, if you click on your own link to the 'test' site, there is no mention of co2. Obviously they discovered the fault and changed it.

i was on vrt site 21st may ,obtained online quote ,printed it off as it was then valid for 15 days ,whent to uk and bought the car upon my return was told by galway vrt office that online service figure incorrect i owed 7000 more.have been fighting it since,offical response is that (i should have known that their web site gave me wrong info)any one have similar action

Back