Health Insurance New VHI Advanced Care Extra Day to Day v Laya Company Care Plus

speedbird1

We are a couple in our 80's and have some existing conditions, nothing major. Long term VHI cusatomers.
VHI are offering Advance Care Extra Day to Day to replace existing plan Health Plus Extra. New Cost for couple €590.46 per month
I am considering switching to Laya Coimpany Care Plus which is slightly cheaper at €574.76 per month. More improtantly it seems to offer better benifits.
Most of our appointments would be in the Galway/Limerick region.
I would appreciate an experts comments on my thinking.
Thank You

Totalhealthcover.ie is your friend, if you paying €574 a month. They charge a small fee.

Good idea but if renewal is coming up shortly they usually have a waiting list so might be cutting it fine. Perhaps Cornmarket might help.

We are a couple in our 80's and have some existing conditions, nothing major.

No expert whatsoever and just like everyone else trying to figure it all out but with so many plans that's not possible :) Perhaps others here might give further advice.

Looking at the two plans would lead one to believe that there might be about €194 x 2 in the difference against VHI.

The excesses for VHI appear to be higher generally and the day-to-day cover is not as good either on comparison

Both companies have upcoming price increases too if your renewal is after 1st October, 2024.

Carefully discuss your existing medical conditions with both companies to avoid any problems in the future.

Dermot Goode appears to recommend the Laya plan Simplicity with private room cover and 100% cover for ortho and ophth. He also mentions Simply Connect with semi-private room cover and the same 100% ortho and ophth. See here for comparison. There appears to be quite a few more excesses so those would need to be checked out carefully with Laya. Those two plans also appear popular with lots of people on AAM because of their good value.

Have a listen to Dermot Goode's most recent podcast with Claire Byrne. The previous podcasts are here also.

We are a couple in our 80's and have some existing conditions, nothing major. Long term VHI cusatomers.
VHI are offering Advance Care Extra Day to Day to replace existing plan Health Plus Extra. New Cost for couple €590.46 per month
I am considering switching to Laya Coimpany Care Plus which is slightly cheaper at €574.76 per month. More improtantly it seems to offer better benifits.
Most of our appointments would be in the Galway/Limerick region.
I would appreciate an experts comments on my thinking.
Thank You

Had a look at the 2 policies mentioned and the day to day cover on 'Company Care Plus' is indeed excellent eg 75% on doctor and consultant visits.
Also outpatient policy limit of €7650 compared to €2000.
I have stayed on Laya Simplicity for 8 years, despite scrutinizing the market every year to the best of my ability.
I would however strongly advise you to follow Sue Ellen's advice above to get some kind of clearer picture in an incredibly complicated field!

Back