New UPC TV Guide replacing Chorus/NTL guides?

ButtermilkJa

Well, I have just bitten the bullet and gone ahead and ordered digital tv from UPC. I'm switching back to them after my management company stole my satellite dish off my balcony and I've been running off rabbits ears for the last 7 months :)

Anyway, the guy on the phone told me that the TV Guide is now the new UPC guide and not the old Chorus or NTL guide anymore.

Does anyone have any experience of this new service/guide? Any opinions...?

Ok, so an engineer from UPC came out to install my new tv package and to my surprise/horror, it was Chorus. The same old crappy channel line-up and the same old crappy Chorus programme guide as before.

When I called 2 weeks ago to enquire before signing up I specifically said I was unimpressed by Chorus when I had it 2 years ago and that I wanted to get NTL if possible (not a whole better but, more channels, better tv guide etc.). Anyway, I was told that there was a new system now from UPC and that it was not either Chorus or NTL anymore. It is a new 'UPC' package with a new tv guide, and "all the boxes going out not have it on them".

Basically I am ticked off I was so blatantly lied to in order to make a sale. From the lack of responses to my original query above I am assuming there is no such thing as this new 'UPC' package. I will be making my complaint well known to them on Monday morning but just thought I'd get this off my chest first!

I was on ntl digital which had their own programme guide but when I got their DVR it had a UPC version. Same channels but branded UPC and a totally different layout. AFAIK their standard set top box still has the old version just with the ntl logo removed.

That's interesting. I assumed that is what I would be getting, the same channels but with a new guide/menu which wasn't branded Chorus. So it seems I was wrong, that this new UPC system does exist.

I'll call them tomorrow and get some more info I think!

Back