new TV, only getting sound, no picture on sky+ box

denise1234

Hi, Hopefully someone will be able to help me....

Got new LCD TV yesterday, got it up on the wall, looks great but when i connected up Sky+ box I can get sound but no picture, just a black screen.
Have checked Scart leads and connections and they all seem ok and other Sky boxes in house working grand so don't know what else it could be.

Any ideas/ suggestions?

Last edited:
Does the new TV actually work? Have you tried playing a dvd to make sure it works? If it does it must be a problem with your connections/scart..

i had this problem when i got my new sharp lcd recently. i just wiggled the scart lead a bit and the sound came on, if you have a sound system/sky box/ dvd combo the scart leads need to be connected correctly. i bought some "monster" scart leads eventually which were a bit pricy but gave a good improvement on already good souund/picture quality, and also permenantly solved the sound problem

I took scart leads and other connections in and out loads of times, made sure everything was properly connected and then plugged scart into old tv and all was fine.
We then tried to take TV off wall and major operation. Said before we tried to take whole thing apart we'd try it once more and typically worked grand! Don't know what was wrong initially but seems fine now. :confused:
Might be something as simple as dodgy scart lead as was suggested, must look for those other ones

Back