New Timing chain opel astra 2005

Sickofit

Hi, longtime lurker first time posting so please excuse me if I make any mistakes.

My husband bought a 2005 Opel Astra 4 years ago, it is due for NCT next month.
The timing chain was replaced in an Opel garage in Oct 2007, at 33k.
He had a friend look at it today just a small check before it goes for NCT, seems the timing chain is on it's way out again. The current mileage is 43k
He took it back to the garage where timing chain was replaced, they said as it in now 16 months it is no longer under warranty.
Surely a timing chain should last longer then 10k, has he any comeback on this?

Hi

Yes it should last a lot longer than 10K.
But what has caused the pre-mature wear?
You can put another timing chain on but unless you find out why it has worn out so soon you will end up replacing it again.

Have you any ideas about what we should be asking about? Could it be due to my husbands driving or is there something else wrong with the car? I'm sorry but I don't even drive.

If there is only 43k on it surely it should be only seeing the first timing belt (chain).
The kit for doing the timing is not massive money and you got to have the waterpump, and all the associated pullys changed at the same time as it makes sense. Was it done in a main dealers the last time. Are you sure it even change last time?
They should be good for 40-50k...! Driving like a lune wouldn't effect it.

I'm 100% certain that it was changed in oct 2007, we have the reciept and the garage checked their records this morning to confirm the fact, it was an opel garage in a large industrial estate in dublin.