New startup restaurant Business For Non EU National

breffni

Hi all,

I am a Non European national living in Ireland since 6 years. I am a qualified professional good at my job. I have good savings made up to €80,000, which i would like to invest in business and work for myself.

Looking for some professional advice

According to INIS I need a business permission to run a business in Ireland, and I can only qualify for it if i would invest capital of up to €300,000 in the state.

Could anyone advice what is the other possibilities to overcome the situation?

I possibly have a Irish partner who can go into partnership with me, just want get the facts right before I approach him with my venture.

I have a family with 1 kid(2 year). My wife works as an accountant, who will be a good support to look into my financial matters.

I am a bit confused as to wait for some time(2 years) until I get my residency in Ireland and rather invest the money in property( as we still live in rented accommodation) or go with the gut instinct.

We approached the bank for a mortgage for a house loan but they would only consider our application if we have a stamp 4 (Irish residency),which is applied, and would take at least 2 years for the process.

In a complete dilemma!

Whether to go for the business or get the possible funds and buy a house and think about business at later stage

If you are married to an Irish national then you should be able to get a stamp 4, if you've claimed residency by marriage (not residency by job). I've had one for several years, and I'm not naturalised or European. Just married to a local.

i am not married to irish or EU national. i applied for a stamp 4, since i am here 6 years, but it will take more than two years for the process, I dont want to wait for so long just to get a business permission, wanted to know is there any other ways to straighten up the things

Back