new sony tv - annoying problem

majee

we've bought a new sony tv recently. picture, sound etc are amazing however when we turn on the tv it defaults to channel '000'. we then have to select the external inputs button on the tv remote and change it to av1 which is where the sky channels come in via a scart connection. we have to do this every time we turn on the tv. it's getting annoying at this stage even though it's a small thing. i'd like to turn on the tv and have the channels available straight away.
i've tried tv settings etc and thought i'd cracked it but it's back to old ways again today!
majee

Don;t know about the Sony TV settings menu to stop going to channel 000 I suspect it is define default input as Scart (or other depending on which you have). But the easiest way to resolve is program your Sky remote to match Sony TV. You will then only have to press Sky button and the channel will change to Sky automatically.
The code is for the Sky remote is 0000 for Sony TVs. Check out the Sky manual or Google programming Sky remote http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055048560 for details

thanks for that woodie. just one thing before I try this - my sky remote already can turn off my tv (and turn it on if it is in standby mode). does this mean the sky remote is already matched to my tv?

majee