New single parent loan trouble

C

chrisanne

Hey Folks,

Am looking for some advice please. My partner of 10 years left me and 2 boys 6 weeks ago. Just coming down to earth now and need some help. I work parttime and have applied fro FIS and OPFP. My partner is giving 200 a month in maintenance. His buisness is only 10 months old and has lost lots of clients since the start of the Summer. We have 2 credit cards maxed out and are paying one minimum payment on each one each month. In Aug 2007 we bought a car and went with a plan called 123 to buy it. We paid third of price up front, paid the second third last August and now are basiclaly in the s*it. He has an old run around he uses for work and ive been using this car. We have to hand over 9,500 in August for final payment and we dont have it. Out options are to sell but we wouold prob find that very hard and get SFA for it. I rang the company who the dealership organised the plan thorugh. They told me to go back to dealership, the dealership told me to apply for personal loans in various banks.

the thing is that by myself i more than likely wont get a loan. Have just been refused from BOI. Ex said the other day he will take loan out with me and i said i could make ther repayments myself and keep the car. However today he changed his mind saying that if he wants to get a loan himself in 2-3 years he prob wont be able to if he does this now.

So.........my Q is this. If he puts his name on a loan with myself can he say in 4 months take it off once i agree to lender to continue payments. Has anyone any other ideas for me. Ive just joined credit union but wont be with them long ewnought o get a loan that size. I can definitley make the 200 repayments over 5 years BTW

Any advice would be much appreciated

thanks
Chrisanne

Back