New Setanta Golf Channel

comraid

Hi

Anyone have the lowdown on Setanta golf channel ? I am ntl subscriber and wonder if the new channel has to be paid for or if comes as part of the package ?

Any info ?

Thanks

I thought I heard that it was 'free', i.e. available on the same basis as the basic Setanta Sports channel to NTL customers, but I couldn't be sure.

AFAIK the Setanta Golf channel will come as part of a package. I heard on radio yesterday that they are still in talks with ntl about providing it. Its a €15 monthly subscription on Sky which is a major pain. Expect it to be the same price when it hits ntl. Setanta paid a massive $18m for the rights to the USPGA so it will almost certainly never be free to air. It now appears that golf fans must pay for Sky Sports to get the European Tour and Setanta for USPGA

Sky will still get the US Open and PGA. Hopefully SKY will rebroadcast European Tour events around 8-11pm they way the used to show PGA tour. That way I can have a beer or two watching it at night.

Does this mean that the free NTL Setanta channel will no longer show NASN?? I know they recently sold it to ESPN.

If so, thats me done with NTL, time to get a dish.

Back