New RTE Website

Jareck

Hi all,

Just wanted to poll opinions on the new look RTE website.

I think it's a huge improvement on the previous incarnation & kudo's should go to the designer.

Glad to see at least a portion of our licence fee is being spent well!

www.rte.ie

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes couldnt have got worse -could it - improvement indeed.

Yes like it a lot. Excellent layout and good grouping of stories and headlines. One minor criticism would be that the Highlights flash box is way too large. It takes up about 20-25% of the screen 'above the fold' without serving any useful purpose. Add in the three adverts below this and there is a lot of useless space being used. Homepage real estate is a valuable commodity and they are wasting it. They would be better swapping the Video Highlights section with the Highlights/ads area.

On Aertel pages there is no keypad to enter, by clicking, the page numbers. You have to delete the numbers in the box and then type in the page you need. Very slow.

Looks alright, very alright - a bit left albeit, but that's in line with the Station's Political Policy...eh?

It is, for me, more about the content than the asthetics though...

I'll report back..

BM

It looks like they copied the Vista look. I always found the images (TV screen captures) etc on the site to be a little too dark, but that seems to have been improved.

Edit: I take that back about the images being too dark, the advert for Prime Time [broken link removed] could do with a run through Photoshop.
Towger

The main news page is terrible. Much too cluttered. And why use brown as a banner colour?

Back