new radiators and boiler recommendation

eviecarwash

Hi there,
We moved into an old 1930's house last year and since Winter arrived we realise we need all new radiates upstairs and a new boiler. The rads upstairs are all cold (a bleeding key doesn't fit) and old and hanging off the walls. The boiler looks like it's been there since early 90's.
Anyway, I was wondering, is it expensive to get new boiler and say 5 rads? Would any of you recommend a company on the southside of Dublin?
Thanks in advance,
Eviecarwash.

Hi there,
We had a bathroom and new rads. Our builder in the reciept paid €200 per radiator - so over all then you need a plumber.. Chadwicks may be able to quote you on the boiler as well.
It shouldn't be too bad..

I have just paid E2000 for a new gas boiler. I also replaced rads last year but can't remember what they cost (It would depend on type and size), but they are so much more efficient than the old ones we had that they will pay for themselves over time - make sure you get the thermostatically controlled ones. I can PM you the name of the pluimbing company if you like.

when searching for suppliers/fitters for a similar job the range of quotes were from €4000 to €6000. That was for a new boiler and 8 radiators. The higher quotes were for a complete replacement (of all pipes, tanks etc.). the lower end were for keeping some of the existing system.

Who told you that you need new radiators and boiler
Have you had a competent person examine the system?

Perhaps you should re-phrase your post to We want new radiators and boiler.

Back