New PC Base; Problems booting

Welfarite

I bought a Medion PC base (with Windows Vista) and, after a few hiccups , got it set up and working. Now I find that when I switch on the PC, it does not boot correctly. Sometimes, it fails to connect to keyboard, sometimes the disc drive. Did I do something/fail to do something that is causing this?

Sometimes, it fails to connect to keyboard, sometimes the disc drive.
What do you mean? What error messages do you get? What precisely is the behavior when booting doesn't work properly?
Did I do something/fail to do something that is causing this?
Well what exactly did you do with/to it since you bought it?

I mean that the keyboard or the DD does not show up as a device when you look for them on system after you discover they do not work. I connected up my old monitor, printer, keyboard, scanner and booted the system. The first problem was when I loaded a old game adn it told me I did not have the correct driver and the game would not run. Then I load ed the support disc to add drivers. Then I could not get the keyboard to respond, then the dd starting acting up (i.e clcik on it adn it asked you to insert disc when one was already there) Since these problems started, I tried "repair" with the disc provided. I'm no expert in It but it seems that all I've heard about Windows Vista and its glitches are true! Could uninstall it and install XP and would that solve it?

I mean that the keyboard
USB or PS/2?
or the DD
You mean the internal hard disk drive or an external USB one? Or the floppy or CD/DVD drive or something else?
The first problem was when I loaded a old game adn it told me I did not have the correct driver and the game would not run.
Most likely a Vista driver issue.
You can install XP if you have a licensed copy that will install from scratch.

I presume that the messing around with the driver/software configuration may be the cause of your problems. Why not use the Aldi (?) support line to get help?

it seems to be a driver issue from what you say. If vista has a safe mode start in this then if you have a recovery disc or installation disc try repair from these or try to uninstall the offending programme while in safe mode