New Passat or Honda Accord or year old Lexus IS220D Exe

mad m

Been at a crossroads as what to buy, Passat Highline looks impressive but it will be the 1.6fsi engine. The Accord is the S-type manual 2litre,heard its a great drive plus very reliable. Just came across this Lexus in

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=781990

I know its in the north, its just under 40k and that includes VRT and Dublin plates as I'm told by seller....

This is to accomdate my growing kids as they seemed a bit to big in my old golf...Anyone any opinions on the cars above.

Thanks

Accord out of those 3 - for the reasons you mention. Haven't ever heard many good things about Lexus.

The Accord would seem like the logical choice, but since it's replacement is not so far away I'd go for the Passat. The Lexus is a nice car but it is too unrefined, and I hear the gearing in it is appalling... The Passat is the best looking, it has the best quality cabin and has a classy image. The Accord will lose a fair chunk of it's value when the new replacement comes. The price difference between an '03 old model Accord and an '03 new model Accord with more or less the same spec on carzone is at least 4 grand. Factor in also that the Accord is as dull as ditchwater and the Passat suddenly seems more appealing...

When is the new Accord likely to come out? Any links to photos? Did a search and all I keep getting is american sites and pics of the Honda, would it be the same as that?

^^ Yeah I think your right about the 1.6Fsi engine. A mechanic I know who works for Vw told me that maybe early as janurary they will be bringing out a 1.4Tsi engine for the Passat which would be 122bhp and either have a turbo or super charger or something along the lines of that....

VW are dropping the 1.6 FSI engine, anything ordered from week 40 will have the 1.4 TSI. Audi have no plans (as they use older engines) to drop the 1.6 yet.

VW is as usual the guinea pig for trying and testing an engine before Audi take it.

Back