New Mazda 6

npgallag

Anyone have a new model mazda 6 ...what do you think..? which type is it..? Thinkin of buyin one soon and trading in my 03 6....Cheers

Sunday Tribune had a review of it a few weeks ago, check their website. They said it's lighter so better fuel consumption than previous model.

Think the interior is very nice, very RX-8'ish with the piano black. The 5 door is better looking than the saloon IMO, the performance and fuel are both better than the previous model. Go for a test drive....you know you want to...go on, aw go on.

Oh I know I want it alright.. but dont know if i can afford it.. drove the base model and see the sports model..very nice.. Is there any point holding out till july changes I wonder.. I know the tax will be 100euro cheaper a year.

But Gormley is planning to ammend the new rules according to [broken link removed] article so there is an 'opt-in' for those buying more fuel-efficient cars to move onto the new car-tax regime, so maybe this is not the issue you think

Oh I know I want it alright.. but dont know if i can afford it.. drove the base model and see the sports model..very nice.. Is there any point holding out till july changes I wonder.. I know the tax will be 100euro cheaper a year.

Gormly is supposed to issue revised VRT proposals for cars bought between Jan-Jul 08 by end of next week.

Apparently the mazda 6 is 200kg or so lighter than the equivalent mondeo so it should make a big difference to fuel consumption.

Thanks guys.. the news about the tax is good as that was holding me back a bit..

Yes if you are buying the diesel!

200 Kg is an exaggeration, its actually 35.
Friend bought a new 1.8 basic, lovely car to drive, inside impressive too.
Very quiet on the road

Heard a lot of good reports about the new Mazda 6. One critic said it beats the Mondeo on all counts.

I bought the basic model (5-door) in January and have had a big smile on my face driving it since then. I had a 05 Mazda 6 that I was very happy with but this is better again. Good spec. on the entry level model (incl. alloy wheels), so quiet to run that you want to start the car again at traffic lights, styling is improved with RX type front wing panels, longer, wider and taller but still lighter. I find it really nippy and very comfortable on long journeys. My sister saw it a couple of weeks ago and she traded in her Subaru immediately for one, I've never had so many people stop amd ask me about it.

My intention was to purchase the Mondeo (I loved the look when I saw it first) but it didn't stand up in the test drive. Also, lack of a 1.8 petrol in the Mondeo range was a barrier, the 1.8 diesel, although good value was just too expensive for my budget.

Don't take my word, go and test drive it....not one of the 10 minute drives, change over your insurance and ask for the car for at least 2 hours.

Good Luck with whatever choice you make.

I have no connections with Mazda other than being a satisfied customer.

Anyone have a new model mazda 6 ...what do you think..? which type is it..? Thinkin of buyin one soon and trading in my 03 6....Cheers

It would be more than little unfair to compare the Mazda with these two cars, with regards to the Irish market.

The highest priced Mazda 6 2.0D is around 33000 euro this compares to the Mondeo in the comparision at cicca 40000 euro and the C5 at old model prices at 38000 euro (for a 2.0 hdi not the 2.2 hdi new model used in the article)

I would be interested in how the mazda would compare with a Mondeo zetec 125bhp and c5 110bhp, I think we would see a fairer competition from an Irish perspective.

Regards,