New Mazda 6

Is there an all new Mazda 6 coming out this year ?

just having a look at the mazda 6. Have always drove a VW. Want to move up a couple of years and was thinking of a change.

what do people think of the mazda 6. Is it worth looking at.

definitely

Drove a 2004 one for a while. Initially thought it was great but after a while I started to get a bit annoyed with it. It drove great, and seats were very comfortable. However the central console etc is quite plasticy, and I started to get a little rattle that bugged the hell out of me. I think though that this was due to the dealer fitting the 6cd changer when I bought it (from new)
Got rid of it after about 18 months.....

the centre console in the facelifted Mazda 6 from '05 has a much better look and quality to it

This was the photo on the carzone website when I was looking at new cars.

does this not look a bit different from current model, or am I imagining things?

This was the photo on the carzone website when I was looking at new cars.

does this not look a bit different from current model, or am I imagining things?

That is the current model, it's just the 2.3 litre turbo range-topper (the MPS I think). Regarding residuals - Mazda took over the distribution in Ireland a few months ago. If they improve the patchy dealer network and promote the brand better it should close the gap to VW/Toyota for resale. It's a good brand with attractive cars and tops the polls in reliability surveys.

That's the Mazda 6 in the US....different car to here

have a look at the pics of the current models here
[broken link removed]
they look very different to the one in your picture

It's a special edition car - Mazda6 MPS, rather than the new model or the US model. Can check it out on www.mazda.ie. The picture was the 'standard' picture in carzone for Mazda6 - a bit misleading to say the least

apologies, but in the US they have a model called the Mazdaspeed6 which looks almost identical to the MPS one you are talking about thats over here

Those MPS cars are meant to be a nice bit of kit alright

I wonder how the new Mazda 6 will fare against the new Mondeo? Which would hold it's value better?

Mazda 3 holds it's value better than a Focus so maybe the 6 will depreciate more slowly than the Mondeo?