New Luas arrangements

jasconius

I recently arrived at Connolly by train intending to travel to Heuston.
Outside the concourse, I could see two 'Luases' parked but no indication whatsoever on the top level as to which one was going out first and no indication of destination either.
I went down the left side and had to ask someone the way and when it was leaving.
If I went down the right side, I would be equally lost and may have had to to come back up with my heavy case.

Did I miss the sign or what ?

What's all this stuff about the Point - do Point Luases stop at Connolly ?

Confused !

The Luas from the Point doesn't go to Connolly, it goes straight past it and stops at Busaras.

There's usually a TV screen high up on each Luas platform to advise which train leaves next and where it's going.

Outside the concourse, I could see two 'Luases' parked but no indication whatsoever on the top level as to which one was going out first and no indication of destination either.

There are digital displays on all Luas platforms (like the one on the right of this photo. They display the destination and time to the next tram. At terminal stations, they also tell you which platform the next tram will leave from. They're not always obvious, some of them are located very badly on the platforms.

What's all this stuff about the Point - do Point Luases stop at Connolly ?

All trams from Connolly go to Heuson and some go on to Tallaght (I think). Only every third tram on the line serves Connolly so it is faster to follow the tram lines out and right to the Busaras stop. All trams serve Busaras and you can get from there east to Heuston (or west to the Point).

Only every third tram on the line serves Connolly so it is faster to follow the tram lines out and right to the Busaras stop. All trams serve Busaras and you can get from there east to Heuston (or west to the Point).

really annoys me that. Does not it makes more sence for more Luas to go to Connolly as it allows for more onward journeys etc. Another thing, if you are waiting at connolly to go to Tallagh 2 trams will pass you from the Point. Surely it make sence to inform people to walk the 150 yards accross the road to pick a luas up at Bus Aras if they want.