New Kitchen?

CMK

We are extending our kitchen - has anyone bought a kitchen from B & Q or Budget Kitchens or can you recommend mid range kitchen suppliers?

Re: New Kitchen??

Cathal [mobile number deleted by RainyDay]. Tell him Ian put you on to him. I've got a couple of kitchens installed with him and he's excellent and very reasonable.

Looking for a kitchen here too. Tried Cash N Carry and Kitchen World so far. Only 500 in the difference. Expected a bigger difference. Any ideas?

What is Budget Kitchens like? Where in Park West are they? Couldn't find them...

What is general prices from Cathal (who was referenced in last message) like

Budget Kitchens are on Malahide Rd - Fairview end.

I've removed the mobile number, as we've had complaints in the past from tradespersons who didn't want their number posted on Askaboutmoney. Please exchange phone numbers by PM if required.

Went to Budget Kitchens and was surprised to note that they quoted slightly more for units than Cash n Carry.

When i saw their showroom units, i can't say i was impressed- not one solid door on offer- all pvc coated stuff. At least in Cash n Carry and the others, you get option of both!

Tried Magnet in Liffey Valley and was kindly told that a basic kitchen cost 15,000 for what i would need!

So now back to the drawing board- thinking of either Kitchen World or Cash n Carry.

Anyone any experiences or ideas for other options to consider?

We got a kitchen from cash+carry fitted only a couple of weeks ago and are delighted with it.
We got one of their fitters to fit it, and he was very efficient and fitted it very well.
We would have no problems in recommending getting a kitchen from there.

We went to QK kitchens in Greenhills Ind.Estate just off the walkinstown roundabout. They have the nicest range of kitchens i've seen to date. Problem is that prices begin at 8000. Definitely not in everyones budget.

We liked a kitchen in Cash and Carry but their range of worktops was pretty poor. They told us that we could select our own from another source. Has anyone done this and is it very messy? We dont really have anyone to fit it so would probably use the Cash and Carry fitter so we would be kind of stranded with the new worktop?

Any advice or recommendations?

Is QK a separate operation from Cash and Carry? It's not clear from your post if they are the same operation. In relation to mixing and matching bits from Cash and Carry and from other suppliers and then having the Cash and Carry fitter install the lot somebody else posted here recently about getting unclear pricing on such a job and not being satisfied with the outcome (in relation to charges). You might be able to find it by searching.

Yes Clubman, QK kitchens are indeed a sperate operation. Worth a visit for ideas on layout and tiling etc. (http://www.qkliving.com/)

I will have a look for that thread...if anyone else in the meantime has gone through this, I'd appreciate the advice

I think it will probably depend on the fitter - as they do not work FOR C&C, but are instead recomended by C&C, it is up to you to discuss with the fitter. You are free to hire your own fitter. When we had our kitchen installed, we wanted to use a solid wood worktop sourced elsewhere, but the fitter C&C recomended said he could not install solid wood worktops as they are joined differently.

Cheers
MGL

thanks MGL...

Thats interesting because it was solid wood that we wanted to put in as well. What did you do in the end?

In the end we went with a worktop supplied by C&C, 2 main reasons:
Cash - C&C would only apply €150 discount for not taking their worktop
Logistics - of having 2 separate fitters, or finding at short notice a fitter who could do solid wood.
We intend to upgrade to a solid worktop in the future, but for now we are quite happy with what we have....mind you we've kept a few spare kitchen tiles for when the OH decides she wants to change it!

MGL

I appreciate the advice.

I have a feeling that we may well end up going with the worktop supplied by C&C as well!

Back