New Kitchen.....help

Lambchops

Hi...I went to lots of kitchen places last year to figure out "what I liked" v "What I didnt like"...and 1 year later & all construction/sunroom completed, I am finally getting back to the kitchen ! (You still with me?)

I am going to go for the alder shaker from C&C. Just a few quick questions:

- I will need to remove all of my old kitchen cabinets & worktop... Does anyone know any1 in the Kildare area that does this kinnda work? Sorry but I am a girl living on my own & don't even own a screwdriver !

- I am going to go with a fitter from C&C but get a granite top elsewhere (as I have saved for a year for the flamin worktop - so don't try & talk me out of it!). Can I just go ahead and get the kitchen fitted, then call the granite guy and get him to cut/fit the top?

Thanks a mill x

Hi there,

you can get a granite worktop done separately. I got C&C to do an island for me and I got another company to do the worktop, needless to say I had a topless islant for about 2 or 3 weeks but it worked out fine in the end.

- I will need to remove all of my old kitchen cabinets & worktop... Does anyone know any1 in the Kildare area that does this kinnda work? Sorry but I am a girl living on my own & don't even own a screwdriver !

Have a look in the local paper; there are usually chaps who will do that sort of work. Reliability can be a bit hit and miss though! If it's of any value, they may even take it away for you, but expect to have to order a skip for it to be dumped in.

Do you have old electricals/new ones on order? Make sure the people who deliver the new ones take away the old ones.

Hi Lambchops,

Would the C&C fitter be interested in the extra work in removing the kitchen or is this option too expensive?

There are some previous threads here on granite worktops that you might get some advice from.

Thanks guys. I will check with C&C and see if the fitter is interested in the extra work/money.They out me off by saying that the old kitchen would need to be removed before they arrived...but maybe if I speak with the fitter directly, he could do it as a nixor ?

I will get a skip as I have lots of other rubbish to throw away...big clearout needed. Thx.

Make sure you mention it to C&C that you are putting in a granite worktop, they are extremely heavy and require additional support

Hi there,

you can get a granite worktop done separately. I got C&C to do an island for me and I got another company to do the worktop, needless to say I had a topless islant for about 2 or 3 weeks but it worked out fine in the end.

I wouldn't mind being on a topless island for 2-3 weeks......