new kitchen and there is a large space left around my integrated fridge freezer

sully

Hi There,

we got in a new kitchen recently and there is approx 340mm space between the Fridge freezer and the units. We gave all the dimensions to the Kitchen fitters but they left this amount of space between the fridge freezer. I think i was reading that the american style fridge freezer should have 1cm space on either side to function correctly.

do we have any recourse against the kitchen co. for them to rectify the spacing.

Thanks.

Just to clarify, 340 mm is over one foot - right? You're saying there is a 1 foot gap?

I guess the first question is whether the measurements you gave them were wrong?

Definitely let them know. Regardless of who's fault it was, I'd guess you want it changed. We had problems with our new kitchen and we let them go and they have irritated me since. Totally my own fault for not speaking up at the time. One foot is alot so could they put in a second panel alongside the fridge and then shelve the gapped area so it could hold receipe books or trays. Could be a nice little feature.

We had a similar gap in our kitchen and decided to incorporate a vertical wine rack in 10 rows of 2! The problem is keeping bottles in it! The kitchen installer suggested to make an ironing board storage unit, but, our idea was more practical

Actually its only 34mm so no chance of doing much with that space but its still leaves a large space on either side of the fridge.

We gave all the measurements to the kitchen company we went and got the product specs and gave these to them but i doubt if they even read them.

what is the normal amount of space left between fridge freezer and Kitchen units. I think the recommended in the spec was 10mm on either side so 2o mm in total.

They probably just used an off the shelf cabinet for the f/f. You could get them to supply some matching wooden profile to frame it.
Leo