New issue with French Camping

practitioner

WE hope to go to Britanny in July.We have paid for ferry in March as berths were selling out quickly and we have 2 young children.We have pain the booking deposit with Keycamp UK as they were cheaper than Irish site and the camp site directly.We are now due to pain 1400 euro balance.I rang the company and then rang the travel insurance company(we planned to take out insurance with multitrip for the 2 weeks) and they said if the swine flu developes further and travel restrictions are put in place, neither would cover the holiday or ferry cost.We have asked them to delay the closing of the holiday but latest date before booking deposit forfeited will be 12 may.We found out recently we were expecting and I would not like to risk anything.Obviously no one can predict what will happen but this seems to be listed as an Act of God.I don't want to throw anymore funds away if there is no come back.I would appreciate any advice.

You still have until the 12th May to decide...I would guess that's a long time in pandemic terms i.e. by then the world should have a better understanding of just how serious the issue really is.

Back