New iphone scam.

P

pepper501

Recently I was apparoached at a service station by two lads selling iphones.The screen was correct and the calculator and camera etc were operating.When I took it my hand I could see the charger connection but there was no computer connection to install any programmes.
I think this is another leather jacket scam.They were looking for 50 euro and it came with two batteries and ear and mouthpiece.

The batteries would be the give away. The iPhone does not have user changeable batteries.

Recently I was apparoached at a service station by two lads selling iphones.The screen was correct and the calculator and camera etc were operating.When I took it my hand I could see the charger connection but there was no computer connection to install any programmes.
I think this is another leather jacket scam.They were looking for 50 euro and it came with two batteries and ear and mouthpiece.

I dunno, isnt this how the 2 lads from Battlestar Galactica came to earth first and they had to sell some techonology? Maybe these are the new Battlestar iPhones, I think if I meet these guys I will ask them are they from a faraway planet and would they like to meet our leader.

What surprises me is that you ignored the flashing lights clue "apparoached at a service station by two lads selling iphones" and were only suspicious of the batteries and connections.

What surprises me is that you ignored the flashing lights clue "apparoached at a service station by two lads selling iphones" and were only suspicious of the batteries and connections.

Its people ignoring all these warnings that keep these scammers in business

At 50 euro, where you hoping they were fake or stolen ?
Indeed.

"I was hoping the lads had some genuine stolen phones and it turns out they were trying to steal from me. The cheak! What's the Celtic Tiger economy of ours coming to."

Why on earth would anyone engage in conversation with 2 strangers who approached them at a service station selling something?

Possibly the same reason why people send their bank details to strangers who tell them they won a lottery they never entered.

Jeez Louise,I was approached by them.I was only trying to warn anyone who would think this could be legit.
I laughed at them because it was so ridiculous.As I said it is a scam like the leather jackets and the watches.There will always be people who believe these fraudsters unless they get to read forums like this.

Yep, I bought 2 packs of Mach3 blades on Henry St last Saturday - a real bargain at 10 euro, til' i come home and discover that the Mach3 blades will NOT fit my Mach3 razor !

Yep, I bought 2 packs of Mach3 blades on Henry St last Saturday - a real bargain at 10 euro, til' i come home and discover that the Mach3 blades will NOT fit my Mach3 razor !

Were the lads selling them wearing leather jackets? Did you buy the blades outside one of the filling stations in Henry Street?

I was approached by a lad selling Nintendo wii's in Kilkenny a couple of weeks ago, all was not right, they were the miwi impostor Chinese ripoffs.

I said they were cheap ripoffs as soon as I saw them and he was not at all happy, he said he had to rename them to avoid import duty but they were the real thing, yeah right :rolleyes:

Were the lads selling them wearing leather jackets? Did you buy the blades outside one of the filling stations in Henry Street?

NO , i did'nt need petrol , i was walking ............but there were plenty flashing lights around !!

Back