new Guinness Black Lager - opinions?

RMCF

I had my 1st taste of it tonight.

Don't know what to think of it.

I normally drink Guinness, and rarely drink lagers. I liked it and would probably buy it again or if I was out, but if its poured into a glass its hard to get your brain to taste lager in it when it looks like Guinness.

Hi RMCF. I'm a regular Beamish drinker, as one or two around here know.

When I'm out of Town, in backward parts of Ireland, like Kerry, I drink Guinness. It's a poor consolation (right, Firefly? ) but it tides me over!

I heard a discussion on The Last Word about this new Guinness Black Lager. I was all up for trying it until I heard it was only available as a bottled beer.

I'd try anything once, but I totally refuse to be stupid enough to pay the kind of prices that are charged for bottled beer in Ireland!

In pubs in Cork, bottled beer costs €4+ per bottle. And yet, you can buy 20 of these bottles in a supermarket for about €18. Am I missing something?

As someone who predominantly drinks lager but will drink stout at a push, I'm interested to taste this now, intrigued even.

I have this sneaking suspicion it might be 'Harp like' though - which isn't a good thing as far as I'm concerned anyway.

As someone who predominantly drinks lager but will drink stout at a push, I'm interested to taste this now, intrigued even.

I have this sneaking suspicion it might be 'Harp like' though - which isn't a good thing as far as I'm concerned anyway.
Harping on about the teeth-whitener?

Thanks for all the replies folks, but no-one has actually tasted it?

I bought mine in an off licence in NI. Cheap enough.