New front door - where and what?

Petal

Hi guys,

I'd like to replace my front door. Currently I have an aluminium door, and besides being ugly it's not very safe. So I'm considering replacing it. I'd like a wooden door and read that I should get Iroko Teak. I've also come Artic Doors, which look nice and secure.
My questions - where can I get a good Teak Door (I'm in Dublin12) - Arctic ones I've seen on their webpage (obviously) and Senator Windows seem to sell something comparable.

How much will the whole thing cost including fitting? Just a ballpark figure so I'm getting an idea. It's an old council house and I just want the door for starters.

Any help much appreciated!

Artic doors are around the 3K mark but I've seen nice hardwood and glass doors at Dublin Door Store for much less - maybe around 1K. [broken link removed]

Thanks guys - I read all those posts before Leo, otherwise I wouldn't even have known about the Arctic or the Teak! I just couldn't seem to find any Teak doors on any of those webpages, but then maybe I just have to go to the places, I thought maybe there is some magical door place that everyone goes to to get their teak doors!

do NOT go to Doors Divine near between phibsboro/finglas - bought a door there last year, wasn't told payment terms, door was delivered by a total stranger unrelated to the company to whom i was expected to hand over €1500 on the spot..

the stranger took the door back (solid teak). The owner threatened me verbally, made unpleastant phonecalls and threatened to take me to court!

the owner's business partner left the company due to the owner's behaviour, and the same company previously operated under a another name - but had to change it due to bad repututation...or so i was told by a courier company who threatened to stop delivering for owner...

take the hint!