New E.S.B connection

roadrunner

How much does this cost - how long is the delay in connection usuallly?
Starting house build in a month.

not sure on the cost..but i dropped my cert from the sparky to the office in roscrea on a wednesday and had it connected second monsay after that, so about 10 days...

that said, i've heard stories of a lot longer...i think i got lucky...builder was on the phone i'd say

I recently applied for a new connection only to discover that I should have applied for it when I received the planning permission! Seemingly that's how lenghty the process is!! However in my case the house is taking such a long time to build that I should have plenty of time!!

I had to pay the ESB just less than €1,800.00 within a short time of my application!

Spicey

Is there a reason why someone would apply for the more expensive 16kVA rather than the 12kVA ESB connection? There is over EUR600 of a difference. Which connection is more common for standard domestic houses?
I'm beginning a self-build shortly and already have planning permission and would like to apply for the ESB connection as early as possible as advised but not sure which connection to apply for. Any advice is appreciated.

I was advised to go with the 12Kw by our electrician.
Cost was 1,761.
Time Estimate to full completion: 12weeks

However, be aware that your builder/ electrician will need to supply the ECTI cert 2 weeks before the end of that 12weeks.
If you miss the timeline, I think completion is 10 days after receipt of Cert.

This is all just my understanding!

Once you send in the forms they will send you back a quote, which you pay. Then you'll receive a letter with your MPRN.

After this you can also apply for your account with the MPRN#, but I was advised that will be 'matter of minutes' so leaving this to the end..

Hope that helps, good luck, m.

Is there a reason why someone would apply for the more expensive 16kVA rather than the 12kVA ESB connection?

They may want to run more than one power shower at the same time or plan to have a workshop with heavy machinery.