New driveway

Beckster

Don't know if this is the right section....
Anyone know approx how much I should be paying for the plans to be drawn for a driveway in front of a ex corporation house. Apparently the plans have to be done by a professional, is this true?
Would a set of plans drawn up by an engineer(my sister) on autocad type package do?

We are putting a driveway where there previously wasn't one, and we have been told we have to have planning permission and to get that we have to do up plans, put up sign and all that stuff....

Beckster said:
We are putting a driveway where there previously wasn't one, and we have been told we have to have planning permission and to get that we have to do up plans, put up sign and all that stuff....

Have a read of this if this isn't clear enough then you will have to contact your local planning dept they will advise whether you need planning permission for what you require

Good Luck ;)

"Apparently the plans have to be done by a professional, is this true?
Would a set of plans drawn up by an engineer(my sister) on autocad type package do?"

Engineers are professionals and a qualified civil engineer should have no problem drawing or submitting plans.

"I don't understand what are you doing to the driveway that requires plans?"

If the new driveway involves a new entrance to the property there will be planning issues.

Back