New Development - Lucan?

K

Kiwichan1

There is building works going on at present at the back of the Mountbellow Estate in Lucan, in front of the primary school - they look like apartments or townhouses but I can't find anything on myhome.ie about them. Does anyone know whats being built there and when they are going on sale?

Thanks
Kiwichan1

Is this the place they're building facing the esker woods estate? I was looking at a few house in the are and asked the EA what it was and he said townhouses but it doesn't look like townhouses to me now.

I thought it might have the look of townhouses about it. It is the site near Esker Woods. I live in Tullyhall myself but if they are big 4 bed, 3 storey townhouses I'd be very interested in relocating.

Kiwichan1

From www.sdcc.ie

Construction of 58 no. apartments in 4 no. detached blocks, Block A: 15 no. apartments (6 x 2 bed, 9 x 3 bed) in a three storey block. Block B: 15 no. apartments (6 x 2 bed, 9 x 3 bed) in a three storey block. Block C: 16 no. apartments (8 x 2 bed, 8 x 3 bed) in a three storey block. Block D: 12 No. apartments (2 x 1 bed, 6 x 2 bed, 4 x 3 bed) in a two storey plus attic level block with associated site development works and the construction of an ESB substation.

Thanks for that - very interesting. I thought they had the look of apartments alright hope the finished product looks well. I looked at a house very close to there back in Jan and the estate agent told me the building would be no higher than a two storey house!

I would say they are going to be for Affordable housing or shared ownership, as they were never advertised for sale and they seem to be taking there time building them.

Anyone know what the story is with these now. Block 1 looks complete and I think they look quite nice. Have yet to hear anything about them though.

So this place is called Fforster Square! Anyone check it out at the weekend, all the showhomes were amazing, the 2 bed apartments were massive I thought, such good value overall. EA told me that all of the 2 beds bar 1 had sold over the weekend.