New Corolla Verso Now Or Wait for New Model ?

N

nochain2

I was thinking of buying a new Toyota Corolla Verso 2.2 D4D Luna spec. Dealers initial offer was 25500 euro + my own 2004 Corolla hatchback. I would then get 3,000 back with Toyota's current offer, so total cost of 22,500. The Luna is well specified with parking sensors, privacy glass, CD changer and air conditioning.

I have read that a new Verso will be launched in the first half of this year. I assume that this will have less emissions and better mpg, which is the only downside to this car that I can see. So do I buy now or wait for the new model ? Will a similarly specified new model cost me a lot more ?

Would be interested to here any comments.

Thanks.

I dont think the new model will have a significantly lower CO2, current model has 167g or something and to make savings would need to get under 155g, which I can't see happening, due to size of car and weight, and also in the UK road tax for this car is only 170 so no big saving to be made in teh UK market and Ireland too small. Not sure about other markets.

If this car sells for 32k, the it is made up as follows:
Pre Vat (21.5%) 26.33k
pre VRT (24%) 21.24k

now with lower CO2 band (20%) car would cost
Base Cost of car 21.24
+ VRT (20%) 25.48
+ Vat (21.5%) 30.96

so difference is just over 1k, you would have reduced road tax from 430 - 290 or something, but I don't think they are going to make significant reductions in teh CO2 to get to lower band.

Have a look at the UK where you can get a 2008 2.2D for just over 17k euro all in, I am buying petrol 1.8T3 for 18k, know Diesel will be cheaper aslower VRT 24% as opposed to 28% for the petrol (178g), but smaller engine so insurance lower, and should benefit from tax based on CC rather than CO2 since registered in the UK pre July 2008.

but Diesel's May 2008 can be had for less than 11k sterling and VRT is between 5.3k (2.2Dt2) - 6.6k for (2.2D SR)

lots of toys been given away on the luna at the moment....I wouldn't see as many on the new model luna
Plus going to the UK means you have to sell your 04 corolla privately
If you price your own one very competitively, you should shift it easy and then get yourself a nice SR spec'd one in the north or UK

Verso or Sharan?

Hi

I need to buy a pople carrier. I've been trying to sell my 06 Avensis (petrol) 62K for months no luck . Went to Dealer today and offer was

New Verso (petrol) 21,500 with my own . With 3k offer I pay 18,500.

2008 Verso Petrol 14,500 with my own.

Any advice would be appreciated. Would consider going to NI/UK.

Thanks

Re: Verso or Sharan?

as I stated above I bought a 2008 verso from a Toyota Dealer in the UK paid 10650 sterling - 11500 Euro, VRT was 6500 so total cost 18000 for 1.8t3 so the trade-in value you are getting for the Avensis is 3500, have a look at what you could sell the 06 Avensis for, but should get more than that.

also the price for the verso varies, I have seens some 2008 for just over 20k up to 27k, so also take that into account.

also you can get a new one in the UK for 14500, so when you include Irish Vat and VRT comes in somewhere 22500 (as you get the UK vat back), so 4k dearer than Irish price in teh specail offer (which was meant to finish 14/2) but have your own car to sell.

If buying in Ireland I'd opt for the 09, as only 4k dearer, brand new, 1 year extra warrantly, tax maybe higher dependant on the CO2 v's the CO2/Engine size of the 08.

Back