New computer monitor

Markjbloggs

Help,

my monitor just died, strong burning odour (I love the smell of solder in the morning). Any suggestions as to the best shop/online for a replacement?

tia

Mark

I think that PC World are opening in Airside Industrial Park in Swords today. If that suits, there are sure to be opening bargains. I thought I saw over on boards.ie that they had a special of TFT 15" monitors...

Don't touch Elara. Bought an LCD monitor from them a while back that was DOA.
They refused to accept responsibility, insisting I go through the manufacturer, which is illegal under Irish law. It took me three months, dozens of phone calls, and the threat of legal action to get my money back.

I wouldn't touch them again with someone else's barge pole!
Leo

Leo said:
Don't touch Elara. Bought an LCD monitor from them a while back that was DOA.
They refused to accept responsibility, insisting I go through the manufacturer, which is illegal under Irish law. It took me three months, dozens of phone calls, and the threat of legal action to get my money back.

I wouldn't touch them again with someone else's barge pole!
Leo

Thanks, Leo - won't go near them.

Try Dell.

I got one recently - greate space saver aas well as good image quality

Dell E173FP 17" mainstream LCD Flat Panel Monitor. 250cd/m2 brightness, 450:1 contrast, 16ms response time. Midnight Grey TCO99
€ 221.67 incl. VAT, shipping

I don't work for Dell

Or mabey amazon.co.uk - have bought quite a few computer monitors both tft and crt off them without problems.

I recommend: Digimate L-1715 17" TFT Monitor

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006Z8JZC/qid=1120648397/sr=8-2/ref=pd_ka_2/202-2201097-4139840

I have two of the above and they work perfect.

Hope the above helps

Neonitrix

Back