New Companies Bill

Rattle

Is the newly published Companies Bill available online - I can only find summaries such as on the CRO and DJEI websites (I'm unable to include the links).

Has anyone any strong opinions on it? From what I can see it is fairly straightforward just eliminating some of the less useful paperwork from setting up and maintaining and a small company but wonder is there anything to look out for in it? How long would it normally take for this sort of Bill to come into force once the draft is published?

I understand the [broken link removed] should be passed and signed into law early 2013. It is on the priority legislation list at present.

There will be very little if any acts through the dail in the first six months due to the presidency of the european comission

Good post T.

I had a quick look at the act and I stand to be corrected as there is alot of reading in it, but yes only one director is needed but you still also need a secretary who cannot be the director. so you still will need the wife or spouse to act as a second signature.

but yes only one director is needed but you still also need a secretary who cannot be the director. so you still will need the wife or spouse to act as a second signature.

Very interesting. I think I heard somewhere that there will be scope for a corporate entities to act as a company secretary for a large number of companies under the new regime. If true, I don't know how this will work in practice.

Back