New Car - Qashqui or Scenic?

post-it

#
Hi,

I am in the process of buying a new car.

The two models I am looking at are a Nissan Qashqui SVE or a Renault Scenic Dynamique. (Both 1.5 dci's) I'm torn between the two and could do with some advice.

Compared to the Qashqui the Scenic seems a bit 'boring' style-wise.

But the Scenic has more room in the back than the Quashqui.

Also the Scenic is working out slightly cheaper.....

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

They are from the same company sharing the same engine and other components. Personally I wouldn't buy either one, but I don't suppose that helps you with your dilemma.

have you looked at this? - [broken link removed]

Buy the Qashqai. Avoid all Renaults unless you like going to a garage every other week. Am a very happy Qashqai owner.

Buy the Qashqai. Avoid all Renaults unless you like going to a garage every other week. Am a very happy Qashqai owner.

Renault own Nissan and have infected them with their French quality (i.e. lack of it). I'm with mathepac on this one.

The QashQui was the third most popular model sold here last year and the most popular diesel model sold - [broken link removed]. The conclusion based on some of the comments here is that Irish consumers are stupid.

... The conclusion based on some of the comments here is that Irish consumers are stupid.
No, your interpretation is that other posters have implied "that Irish consumers are stupid". Don't assume that others have the same flawed view of opinions posted here.

No, your interpretation is that other posters have implied "that Irish consumers are stupid". Don't assume that others have the same flawed view of opinions posted here.

Yeah now that I give it more thought the general rubbishing of a brand/model by someone actually says more about that person than those who buy those cars.

Yeah now that I give it more thought the general rubbishing of a brand/model by someone actually says more about that person than those who buy those cars.
Don't take it all so personally; it's only cars and it's only the interwebie.

Headroom was an issue in the Qashqui MK1 - having sat in one for a look see I could believe it was so limited, the hair on my head brushed off the ceiling and I'm not a giant.

I had a Qashqui on hire for 2 weeks before christmas as my own car was in for repair, didn't like it at all. It looks much better than it drives. the 1.5 petrol engine seems to be very much under powered. When you try to accelerate, it gets noisy without going anywhere. Couldn't wait to give it back. Urban driving was much better than on the open road, thats where it really suffered.

Just my personal comments from driving one for 2 weeks

Secman