New car delayed,need a car for the interim.

Red

Hi

Sold my own car privately.Expected to be without a car for a week or 2 (could live with this)

Looks like my new car has been delayed & I will be without a car for 6 or 7 weeks. Public transport is not an option

Does anyone know where I can get the use of a car on a short term basis ?? Car rentals only go to 28 days & seem to be big money

What about the garage that you are buying your new car from. Surely they should be able to help you out.

Have you got a friend relative that has a car they use that much?

Other than that ask the garage for a loaner, even if it is a trade in that they got to keep you going.

I suppose you could alwys look at buying a car for a few hundred quid as long as it has tax and nct.

Was hoping to avoid having to buy a run around car.

Tried the garage.Not much joy there.Production delay, not their fault....

Seems I was a little eager in selling on my own

Always the way if the other car was there you wouldn't be able to sell your own.

Garage is being a bit mean, there must be some auld trade in they could loan you.

Call the garage and ask them to hire you a car once you are providing your own insurance it shouldn't be a problem

Same thing happened to me, ordered new car last aug, first wk in jan garage told me to go ahead and sell my own car as my new one was on the way, first caller bought my old car, new one did'nt arrive when it was supposed to, managed for 4 days on borowing a car for essentials as car was to be in on the fri, garage rang that it was on docks and delayed again so they offered me a car until mine came in. (I had paid for my new car in full before christmas, maybe this had something to do with them being so kind)

The garage can't just give you any "oul trade in"! What happens if you were in an accident? People start saying car had no Tax, No Nct wasn't road worthy etc. Red sold his own car privatly so as to get the best cash deal. "No trade in" price that he would have got was where the garage is making very little in the deal anyway and now you want the garage to fork out a Fairly new car to cover there A** if god forbid he was in an accident.

So that would be a salescar going out clean and preped for re-sale, To come back in, Dirty, more milage and now worth less that it was and also the salemen were unable to sell the car as it wasn't on the forecourt, So possible sale of car lost aswell.

I don't think the garage are "mean"!

Ring enterprise or someone like that and get a cheap deal on a car to run around in.

Last edited:
Back