New Business - Where to bank ?

fatboyPee

Hi, Planning on a new business but given the banking issues I'm wondering where may be best to go for an account ? I need the option of a UK branch for lodgements...

Thanks

FBP

just setup with boi myself. asked the question here before, and got the usual, irish banks are by and large the same.

boi have a new business startup package which has a good few offers, including 2 years free banking.

be warned though, there are around 10 documents to be filled out for online banking.

they also have uk branches, which i used on a personal basis. uk side of things are more telephone / internet banking.

Hi deargas, thanks for the reply. On a personal banking note I abandoned BOI a long while back due to fee structures and complete indifference to my business.
I'm willing to give them a try maybe for business as I'm sure there are sums involved that may make it more important to be attentive :D.... just wondering, given downturns, nationalisations etc whether any of the non-terrestrial offerings were worth considering... guess theyre in the same boat overall tho..

thanks

fbp

Fatboy, I recently did a phone survey conducted for BOI and gave an honest assessment as both a personal and business customer. Personally, I gave them 3 out of 5 or something like that, business banking I gave them almost full marks. I'm in the construction business and they still extended me an overdraft not so long ago. The only thing that stopped them getting full marks was the difficulty with setting up the online banking, as highlighted above.

looking at starting a small business myself and I think ulster bank are offering a good deal, it says,,, , Transaction fee free banking for three years, when you open a business current account, [broken link removed]

I have both personal and business accounts with the Bank of Ireland and whilst bank charges are an important consideration, I have found that being able to talk face to face with a member of staff is often worth more to me than cheaper bank charges. Maybe I've just been very lucky with the staff I've dealt with but I think the old fashioned way of building up a relationship with your bank is vital. I used to have my business account with NIB but the service became so impersonal, I left.

looking at starting a small business myself and I think ulster bank are offering a good deal, it says,,, , Transaction fee free banking for three years, when you open a business current account, [broken link removed]

I have two companies on these 3-year deals. In both case they started getting bank charges of 19.05 a month a few months into it. I have to contact my Relationship Manager each month to get the charges refunded. Very annoying.

Back