New Business- what you think about it?

newbiz

I recently set up a new company.

I would appreciate your feedback/comments on the business idea and structure.

My company provides following services:

Our glass collection service at door (bottle waste) replaces the hassle of driving to the recycling center. We pick up the waste empty all kind of bottles from your homes and drop them to trecycling centre. Our service is for household and not for businesses.
Our service is simple and aim is to keep earth clean and safe.

Just curious about why you are asking about the business idea after having gone a ahead and set it up which presumably means that you are happy/confident in it?
What do you charge?
What is the business plan?
What is the carbon footprint of driving such recyclables to a recycling centre and does it undermine or erode the point of recycling?

Any company collecting waste needs to have a Waste Collection Permit from their local authority. The country is split in 10 separate regions for waste collection purposes - the application fee for a permit is €1000 per region, or €5000 for a National Waste Collection Permit.

You will also need to have Public Liability Insurance cover of 6.5million.

Where do you get your income from? Do people actually pay you to collect bottles which they can drop off for free at the recycling centre?

As this is an easily-copied idea and you can't really protect it other than through branding (which would be possible with the margins), if I were you, I wouldn't be posting about it publicly.

I don't know what part of the country you are in but here all (I think) of the local waste collection services collect glass as part of the service.

Where do you get your income from? Do people actually pay you to collect bottles which they can drop off for free at the recycling centre?

People pay to get their ironing done even though they can do it themselves. It's the same idea.
I don't think it's a viable business though; if it generates a good income existing waste collectors with national infrastructures and economies of scale will just tag it onto their existing service.

Back