New Bond Movie

I also thought that this was an absolutely dire film until that is I had the misfortune to watch 'The Twin Towers' last night. Now this truly is an awful film - I wasn't expecting much in the first place but was still disappointed especially considering it was an oliver stone movie. The film is based on the last two survivors to be pulled from the rubble - only 20 in total were saved - should have been quite moving and sad - why then did I find myself laughing through most of it? - No doubt it pleased the American audiences but it was like watching some tv3 midweek movie. Would rather sit through all the bond movies then have to watch this again.

I have to say I liked the bond movie. You have to remember its a bond movie, think back to the last couple with brosnan, they usually border on the ridiculous.

I liked the fact that D craig was a bit more gritty. Not just sauve and sexy but someone who has killed many people, shagged around and is quite simply not a very nice guy.
I loved the heroine, though the "love story" was a bit sappy. I liked the beginning, how he became to be bond and I liked the fact that there were no silly gadgets. I liked the baddie, he was subtley evil but actually not much worse probably than Bond himself. He wasnt protrayed as a "dr. evil".

Product placement was OTT (as already discussed).

All in all its the best bond in a long time.