New BOI minimum payment fee

Z

z101

I read an ad in yesterdays indo that BOI are introducing a new €7.50, for non payment of monthly minimum balance, fee.

I switched from MBNA to BOI because of this as I dont use CC very much and was getting hit by not getting payment in before time. I am aware of standing orders but done think people should have to be cornered into setting them up.

Is there any bank left that does not charge this kind of fee?

I don't understand. Why can't you just avoid the fee by paying (ideally the full balance and not the minimum payment) on time? Many card providers charge a fee for not making the minimum repayments on time. www.itsyourmoney.ie may clarify if some don't.

Thanks Clubman, I understand, but I only use CC for online transactions or odd time abroad, and sometimes I may be away or just forget pay date and I dont think I have ever even paid CC interest. I guess I just dissagree with such fees.
If anyone has a credit card without a late payment fee please let me know.

Well, we all disagree with fees of some kind or another, but there's not a lot we can do about them! I don't know of any card that doesn't charge a fee for late minimum payments.

I am aware of standing orders but done think people should have to be cornered into setting them up.

Nobody gets cornered, just pay the bill on time by either cheque/electronic transfer/cash at the bank counter/etc...
Alternatively, setup a SO and it will all be done for you on time each time.

Back