New bank account to replace EBS?

SarahMc

I have banked with EBS for years. I loved the simplicity of no charges. Where should I go now?

My wages are paid in, never overdrawn. Rarely might dip below €500 in account. Use ATM about twice a week. Pop into branch occasionaly for a draft. I loathe bank charges. Can anyone suggest an account that might suit me?

Why do you want to move? EBS now owned by AIB will operate as a standalone subsidiary of AIB.

Why do you want to move? EBS now owned by AIB

That was reason enough for me to close our EBS a/c,if it was a toss up between letting Bernie Madoff or AIB look after my money I would seriously have to think about it...

I'm closing my ebs account cause I resent their 5 max atm withdrawals pm or we charge you with this account. I have a UB account with none of these restrictions (yet) anyway and more control over my deposit/withdrawals than I ever had with ebs and also the worlds No. 1 Debit card thats acceptable everywhere, visa.

I think the EBS deal is still pretty good despite the fact that there are some charges now. You can use your card instore and online as much as you want for free.

I would have said National Irish Bank, but with their cashless "banking" I would now suggest Ulster Bank. Very professional and offer everything you could want. No fees and monthly statements. Visa Debit and unlimited ATM withdrawals. You do not need to maintain a minimum balance or transact online 5 times per fee quarter.

The EBS debit card charges 1% fx conversion fee, which is one of the best in the market
Also, you can get money back on your debit card when you shop, up to Eur40, so you may not need to withdraw from ATM

Back