New apartments at Park Gate Castleknock

M

Michael

Hello, a company called WalshMaguire are building quite a large number of Apartments beside the Castleknock entrance to the Phoenix park. The building is now 3 stories high. Looks like they are squeezing in as many as possible in quite a tight space with dodgy access. I am amazed that they got planning permission for it in such a prime site. The neighbours must be fuming. They don't mention anything about the development on their Website. Anyone know anything about this development?

I have been watching out for notification about when they are going up for sale. They are going to be very expensive. I am sure there will be a big queue when they eventually go on the market. great location to live, neighbours might not like you though!!

Yeah, they look nice. I called there office about 6 months ago and was told they had not yet selected an estate agent. I heard recently that the builders were able to sell all the apartment to there 'friends'. They are almost finished now and none are on the market... must be true.

great location to live,
Well picturesque anyway - but - is there anywhere worse in Dublin for traffic and transport into the city/ into/ out of castleknock - and that's at virtually all times on all days. Or maybe i'm just very unlucky.

I've passed by them a few times and I too was surprised at their growth. If I had the money I'd love to live in one of them - it's no more than a 20 min bike ride to the city centre through the Park. Also the Park itself would be such an asset to have on your doorstep, 0000's of acres of guaranteed undevelopable open space.

I also notice that the big house (directly across the road and backing on to the Park) is still unsold. By my observations it's been For Sale for a good few months at this stage. I think I saw it in the Times back in late Jan ? I wonder is the apt development turning off any potential buyers ?

I think if I had the money I wouldn't buy one of those apartments, I'd be purchasing in Farmleigh Woods, behind the Georgian Village. That development seems top class and is closer to the village and myos.

I think if I had the money I wouldn't buy one of those apartments, I'd be purchasing in Farmleigh Woods

I would have thought that the Park Gate ones would be a better location since they have the 37 bus stop & Airport Bus Stop on their doorstep - plus they would only be slightly further away from Myos. (Sure if residents couldn't bear the 7 mins walk they could take either of the buses :D )

At 1.5m a pop I think I'd rather spend my money on a house (a little closer to Myos!) but the developer has sold a certain amount of these apartments and realising that he could get a lot more for them has taken the remaining ones off the market to sell when they are finished - my guess is something in the region of 2m, you'd have to have a screw loose?

I think the Phoenix Park Racecourse is better value for money.. the address is still Castleknock Dublin 15, one of the entrances to the place will be on the Castleknock Rd. and at €435,000 (could be more now) for a ground floor 2 bed they seem a bit of a 'bargain' in comparison to the apartments right outside the gate.

In terms of traffic into town from these apartments, the new owners will be past the worst of the traffic. Even on a very bad day 35mins by car will get them to O'Connell Bridge. It would probably take them as long to get to the Blanchardstown Centre.

Past 30

Past30Now said:
In terms of traffic into town from these apartments, the new owners will be past the worst of the traffic. Even on a very bad day 35mins by car will get them to O'Connell Bridge. It would probably take them as long to get to the Blanchardstown Centre.

Past 30

I personally dont get it. To pay such a high end price to live by a major road just to have a 'posh' address. Surely a terrace in drumcondra or phibs where u can park ur car outside the door and walk to o'connell street is a better option.

Back