AIB New AIB Phone Number for FSPO group 0818 300 070 or 01 7715 912

bungaro

Talking to someone on the number that's listed on the AIB Tracker page on their website and she said that there is a new number (don't think it's up and running yet but give it a day or two) specifically for our FSPO cases. The number is 0818 300 070

And she also said that there would be a breakdown letter coming with the cheque but wasn't sure if there would be many other details

Talking to someone on the number that's listed on the AIB Tracker page on their website and she said that there is a new number (don't think it's up and running yet but give it a day or two) specifically for our FSPO cases. The number is 0818 300 070

The number is working. The auto reply says it is them alright. I got to speak to someone who kind of sounded surprised I was ringing it!

They checked my account and once the person to whom I was speaking checked with someone else, she confirmed that the monies would be sent by cheque towards the end of July / early August as they could not apply a reduction to my mortgage because I was no longer with them.

I asked her to confirm that I did qualify (as there was some uncertainty on that when I rang the other line before) and she said that she could not, as all accounts were under review. She did say I would be hearing from them, but wouldn't confirm that I would receive any payment whatsoever!

That is very funny.

It's getting more farcical by the minute.

Brendan

It reminded me of that old carlsberg advert with the customer complaint phone.

At this stage I feel like Charlie having to wait til the end of July to see if he got a golden ticket...

your too right, I was just on hold for 10mins and gave up as another call was coming through

Hi Brendan,
Rang the above number and it hardly rang out before it was answered.
Was informed that there is a write down on our mortgage and details of interest to be paid will be forwarded between now and end of August.

Must say lwe weren't aware of this until I heard you on the radio a few years ago.
Can't say thank you enough and to the other families who pursued this through 'thick and thin'.
I'm sure at times the light at the end of the tunnel was quite dim!!
Anyway the boss in our house has just started chemotherapy and it's just a great boost to get at a tough time.

Thanks again.

If anyone rings aib when you get through eventually the person will tell you that you have to speak to a special team dealing with issue I just asked what my balance was and found out it was reduced so I didn't have to wait to get through to special team dealing with issue saved a lot of time

Hi I phoned the helpline number this morning.I had my mortgage reduced by 24k..I took out the mortgage in July 2008 for 200k..I came out of a fixed rate in July 2010.They would not give me a tracker at the time even though I received a tracker on a second mortgage in July 2008. They told me this morning that I would receive a letter and a cheque for the interest owed in the coming weeks. My next repayment is due on August 6 pre write down was 1160..its a buy to let on a tracker taken up after letter in 2018. They were able to tell me that my new repayment on August 6 will be 959..

Hi all. New to the website. Don't know if was mentioned before but if you have the AIB banking on line app on your phone you add your mortgage accounts to it and see all the transactions like a current account. Thank you Brendan so much also, we received €22k off our mortgage, came out of a Fixed rate in 2009. We received the cheque a few years back and thought no more of it, just a mistake by the bank. Be interested to see if this will go further. People may have lost houses and more importantly their health over this and the bank needs to pay.

I rang the number today. I sold the mortgaged property last year. The gentleman with whom I spoke told me that if I got the €1615 I could expect a payment of a cheque for the 12% writedown plus interest by the end of August. I got the impression that he was simply reeling off the usual message as when I pushed him for confirmation that I was in the cohort, he simply stated that because I got the €1615 in 2018, I was in the cohort who could expect the further payment on foot of the FSPO decision. He couldn’t confirm anything other than that. So, he was basing his view on something that I had told him, namely that I had received the €1,615, and not on anything else.

The guys on the helpline were very helpful, they were able to tell me exactly when I came of my fixed rate and the balance at the time. I am just waiting for the adjustment to hit the account.

Back