new 50% VRT relief

Z

z102

50% VRT relief on new flexible fuel vehicles operating on high grade biofuel. See [broken link removed]
From 1/1/2006 onwards for two years.
So what does "high grade biofuel" actually mean? Biodiesel? Plantoil?Alcohol? Methane?
Could my (second) tank be filled at Lidl?
Has anyone more detailed information?
Is the entire idea based on my suggestion from two years ago here on AAM about how the gouvernment should direct the SSAI money? Will I get a reward , a portion of chips maybe (smiley)?

Is the entire idea based on my suggestion from two years ago here on AAM about how the gouvernment should direct the SSAI money?

Remind us again please about this suggestion. We like to know all details before any prizes are awarded.

Marion

I can't find it now, but maybe Ajapale remembers it. It was posted on the old forum, section SSIA , the question/thread was what can the government do to eliminate inflation fears concerning shopping sprees when the SSIAs mature. My suggestion at the time was to give some tax relief on energy conscious "shopping" with the hindsight to help the Irish state to reduce it's CO2 emmissions which are way over the planned top and so saving the fines from Brussels AND stop inflation in one go. "Hitting two birds with one stone" is a somewhat nasty idiom but it seems to fit.

Prize is in the post

Marion

Thank you Marion!
Very good, but if you dig even deeper - there was an earlier post about the maturing SSIAs and their effect on inflation fears.

50% VRT relief on new flexible fuel vehicles ...
From 1/1/2006 onwards for two years.

Sorry for quoting from an old post, but is this scheme still planned to end from 1/1/2008 ?

Is there any VRT relief on cars that run on LPG gas?

Tried asking my local revenue office but they didn't know !!!!!!

No there isn't.

The biofuel the Govt are encouraging by this VRT relief is E85 which is produced in Cork from a milk byproduct.

The exisiting scheme ends on 31/12/07, and the entire Road tax/VRT stance on environmentally freindly reduced Co2 type evhicles is an issue which will be outlined in the budget.

I expect both VRT and road tax concessions on low polluters, and for gas guzzlers to be hit harder.