Network Marketing - Anyone experience it?

niceoneted

A friend has been presented with a Business Opportunity which she is going to take up. It involves Network Marketing. The product seems great and it is a very low investment risk from what I can see.
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of this good or bad? If so what kind of products were being marketed? What was the initial investment and what was the return like.

Very curious myself!

When I hear the term Network Marketing, the first thing that I think of is pyramid selling. Be careful out there.

Friend of mine brought me to a presentation for a phone network system. I didnt like the looks of it, cheap initial fee (around 600e) and it involved trying to get people to sign up to this phone network.

I thought it smelt bad from the start. He didnt and lost couple of hundred on it.

Its funny cause you see fraudsters on TV and always wonder how people could be fooled, but when I went to the presentation I could see how people could be dupped. They had farmer Joe, Mrs Bloggs with two kids, all whom had made thousands thanks to this remarkable company.

I am cynical and always work off the saying "if it sounds too good to be true, it normally is".

Thanks for the info folks, Clubman I had found that link already but thanks anyway. She has gone ahead and invested but I was just not buying into it. Anyway I think there are better ways to make money.

Been there - done that - bought the tee shirt trying to sell phone services. Mad a handy few thou profit at the time - but the level of effort far exceeded the earnings. I would not recommend it though as it's the few at the top who cream it. despite the 'no selling, home based business' spin...the model is flawed. In order for you to make serious money, you will need to pull others in behind you to keep it going - some will make the effort - most won't.
They can become disillusioned - and so can you. Yu basically need to pull from friends and family to carry on for you - that's a big ask.

Back