net notebook what to buy?

coleen

Hi
I want to buy a notebook. One with about a 10 in screen. I will use it for internet e mail storing photos and skype. I would like that i would be able to put microsoft office on it so I would be able to use word on it. My sister is come to visit me from USA so I might get her to check if they cheaper over there. What should I be looking for ? Any particular brand that would be good and what price can I expect to pay? Any thing in particular to watch for when getting them ? Do some have better battery life than others?

Acer, Asus, Samsung are all good brand names.
Look for a 6-cell battery which should last you a few hours (4-5+).
Possibly 1GB memory, and upgradable to 2GB (should be possible for 10"+).
LED screen is a plus.
Bluetooth 2.1 and WiFi (802.11n better but 802.11G wouldnt make a big difference).
Price wise I am not sure but anywhere outside of Ireland and you will get a better price.

Another vote for Samsung NC10.. I have one for the last few months and I am delighted with it. Great battery life too.

Bought the Samsung NC10 for my other half for Xmas & was really impressed with it.

Add my tuppence-worth for the NC10. Have one since last October. Splendid machine. Picked mine up from elara.ie

Back