Nespresso Capsules

bantragh

Wondering whether these are recyclable - aluminium (recyclable) filled with used coffee (bio degradable surely!) I reckon I can put them in the plastic bottle /cans sack or will the grains mess up the system. Any thoughts please?

Aluminium definitely in the recycle bin, coffee grounds in the compost heap or the food waste bin,, if you can divide the contents from the container, otherwise they'll have to go in the household rubbish.

I don't think that mixing aluminium and organic (grounds) is a good idea. If you were to go to the trouble of disassembling them then you could stick the grounds in a composter and any other recyclable materials in the relevant place.

Post crossed with mathepac's.

thanks but - division of the 2 components even with best intention in the world etc is gonna be highly improbable in your ordinary ev. day life - the used capsule remains intact except for a few teeth marks and has the words 'toss it' written all over it -so it looks like into the rubbish for now!!! Wouldnt it be good if they could come up with a way to aid the recycling of it - after all they are half way there already!!

These capsules weren't invented with recylcling in mind, just to reduce the cleaning effort involved with espresso makers. Just another throw away waste of resources, no committed eco warrior would ever use these. If you do throw them in with the recycling stuff, they'll just be manually sorted out and land filled anyway.
Leo

Back